Sunday, August 5, 2012






There is really nothing connecting these two photographs.
There is no logical reason for posting them together.


The green image came to my attention before it was green.  A few days ago I came across it in a folder while looking for something else. Immediately becoming distracted from my quest,  I put it into software to heighten some color area,  only to accidentally turn it green. I liked what it did to the original image, which I was drawn to basically for it's composition.

I found the second image tonight, shot last year in NYC, while looking for something to pair with a poem. This one didn't work out for that, but it held my attention, wondering what is the story it seems to be implying?

Perhaps tomorrow I'll find the perfect photographic companion for my poem, or maybe write a poem to go with this photo, instead.

Overall, I think the 2 photos probably do connect, if only in context of the disjointed drifting my consciousness awareness is experiencing lately.  Days are not externally structured very much, which being currently unemployed largely creates.....my mind wanders down side streets and dashes off-road when let off leash for periods of time, before being reeled by mantras back into the inner silence.




Photographs © Ellen Giamportone All rights reserved.


No comments: