Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Downtown Raleigh Twilight



Last Saturday evening I was in Raleigh, roaming around the Glenwood Ave. area with my friend when we heard some rock music wafting from a block or two down past the railroad tracks, so off we went to find the source. The music wasn't much to speak of, but I was taken by the blue lights that were bathing a gated electrical station . Out came the Canon G9, (my best inanimate friend,) and into the zone I went. My portable tripod was in my car which was in the garage at home, so anything nailed down was the next best thing. Poles work too, if you can wedge the camera against it and lean in with your arm....anyway, these were my favorite images; many others were just not sharp. The plan is to return another evening to the scene later at night with the tripod and Nikon 200 when the rock music crowd control paraphernalia is no longer cluttering up much of the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i congratulate you on the start of a great blogging career. - paul d.