Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Woman with cell phone

While shopping at Trader Joe's today I saw this woman with her red cell phone tucked into her head wrap. It went through my mind whether I should ask her if I might photograph her, or just grab the G9 from my handbag and go for the moment. I went for it with heart racing, thinking she'd be pissed off if she caught me. When I do this sort of kamikaze act, which is more often than asking and ruining the moment at hand, I realize my visual ruthlessness. Shoot first and talk your way out of it if caught. She didn't notice me. Unfortunately, I didn't get a sharp image, since I was a bit too much in a hurry. I find it a really fine line in these situations to balance taking the time to get the best shot undetected with getting it at all.

No comments: